Mailbox Rental in Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA 92109
Private, Secure, and Convenient
More and more individuals, families, and small businesses are opting to rent a private mailbox.
- Small Business Owners. Many of our mailbox customers run their businesses from their home. Not only does a private mailbox (PMB) provide a professional commercial address, but it also provides privacy and confidentiality for all of your interactions with clients and customers. Plus, you can receive mail for multiple business names in one box.
- Students and Beach Locals. For students and beach afficianados, living at the beach can mean frequent moves to a new apartment or house—and often having your mail get mixed up with random roommates. With our mailboxes, you get privacy and the flexibity to get your important mail consistently, no matter how many times you move. We welcome international students!
- Frequent Travelers. If you travel or work or for pleasure, a private mailbox is perfect for your needs. No need to put in a temporary change-of-address or ask your neighbors to check for mail and packages. We can forward packages anywhere. And you can ship your exotic finds back to PB and we will keep them safe until you get home. Also consider our Virtual Mailbox Service where we scan and email you all of your mail for you to read on an easy-to-use website.
- Online Shoppers. Everyone is ordering more online, which means MORE PACKAGES! UPS, FedEx, DHL and the U.S. Postal Service often leave packages at your front door—making it easy for thieves to steal. Or, they require a signature and you're not at home. With a private mailbox, we sign for and securely store packages until you come to pick them up. Or, opt for our PackageSafeSM service if you just need us to receive packages, not mail.
Mailbox Rental Rates
| Mailbox Size/Type
|| $ 60.00
| Business Small
$ 15.00 one-time setup fee
$ 5.00 mailbox key deposit (refundable)
$ 20.00 key for 24-hour access (optional and refundable)
$ 5.00 additional mailbox recipient if more than 3 individuals
Required for Mailbox Rental
- Mailbox application (Completed by us when you come in)
- Verifiable residental address
- Two types of current ID for each adult
IDs Accepted by the U.S.Postal Service
To complete the USPS Form 1583 authorizing us to receive mail and packages on your behalf, the USPS requires 2 forms of ID.
Valid IDs can be:
- Driver's license
- State issued ID
- Miltary ID
- Employer ID
- Auto or health insurance card
- Auto registration
- Current home/apartment lease
How to get started
Simply bring in your 2 forms of ID (listed above) and we will fill out your mailbox application for you. You sign the forms, pay for the term of service (3 months, 6 months or 1 year) plus deposits, and we give you your key(s). The whole process takes about 10 minutes. Then, you can file a Change of Address with the U.S. Postal Service and start receiving mail at Beach Mailbox.
More reasons to rent a private mailbox
Consider these benefits that make a private mailbox an excellent choice for just about everyone!
- Street address instead of a P.O. Box — A superior option for business mail and packages.
- Worry-free package receiving — We accept and sign for packages from USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and couriers
- 24 hour access — Pick up your mail anytime. Our mailbox area is brightly lit and secure.
- Free “mail check” — Call or email ahead to see if you have mail — no wasted trips.
- Email notification—We can email or text you when that important letter or package is delivered.
- Mail Forwarding — If you're out of town, we can forward it to you regularly, or upon request.
- Anonymity and privacy — Your information is safe with us.